Monday, January 11, 2010

Fuckin' Football

I'm not going pretend that I like football. I don't like it. I find it boring, and I've lived near Ohio State long enough to really dislike what it does to people. I don't particularly like jocks, and this stems from going to a football game when I was in the 8th grade and seeing a group of steakheads try to stomp the life out of a small bunny rabbit who was just unlucky enough to find himself on a football field. As if the bunny did something to them. And I'm sick of being told that it's okay in this culture to obsess over football and nothing else. Someday when I feel like looking for it, I will repost the letter to the editor I wrote bitching about how the paper made fun of Star Wars fans, but says nothing about the tailgaters who wait outside longer before the game than the Star Wars fans waited for the movie to start.

And I don't like how football makes me miss The Simpsons.

Not that there is anything wrong with people who do enjoy football. I'm always on the side of obsessive fandom, whatever it is. Just don't tell me I'm an idiot for liking what I like, because when you think about it, you are just like me. Explain to me how putting on a jersey that looks like an official jersey and playing football in the yard at halftime is NOT cosplay.

No comments: