Sunday, January 10, 2010

01.10.10 Revisited

This one will be short, not because I'm trying to cheat on my whole 2 blogs a day for the next 10 days thing, but because I'm doing this without my glasses. And the longer I can't see, the more pissed off I get at everything/everyone. I was telling Juice last night that not being able to pee when you have to is just second to not knowing where my glasses are and thus, not being able to see to find them on my list of top annoyances. I've tried the whole put them in the same place every time you take them off thing, but I can't make that strong of a commitment.

Also, Chris and I are going to go to Half Price Books today. We went through our books and found some stuff that we can get rid of, basically to make more room for stuff we'd rather have. I've always thought that it is the duty of the intelligent person to have a house full of books, and that the bookless home is a sure sign of someone who has uttered the phrase "Why are you reading that? What, was it assigned to you?" Granted this is judgmental, but I've been proven right a few times. A friend of mine said someone was in his house once, looked around at the shelving and said "Wow, y'all sure do got a lot of books."

Yet today has changed my mind. First of all, with the internet, a million reference books are so not necessary. And also, there is this thing called the library which honestly, people do not use enough, so even if you don't have books, as long as you have a library card, you've proven that you find reading to be important, which is really the key point here. But after going through my books, I'm starting to think that it's not intelligent people who have lots of books, but also people who enjoy dusting and the company of silverfish.

No comments: